UX Business Analyst
LOCATION: Mississauga, Ontario
OneHSN is a leading provider of integrated software solutions and a fast-growing SaaS-based company.
Our vision is ‘Improved Human Well-Being’. It is our mission to transform human services through partnership and innovation so people who give and receive services can be connected seamlessly and efficiently. Our flagship product, Childcare Connect is a centralized digital access channel for parents to receive information about childcare service, research the options available to them, register with childcare providers and apply for childcare subsidies; all within one application. We call this digital access. And it’s not just something we provide our customers. It’s something that drives our company. People don’t come here to join a culture that’s build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
We’re headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, and we have offices in the GTA and employees and contractors around the globe connected via technologies with clients in the Municipal and State level Human Services, Health and Child Care sectors.
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst with User Experience expertise who is passionate about building products that customers love as we expand our SaaS based OneHSN Platform functionality.
You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to help design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy. As a Business Analyst with User Experience (UX) knowledge, you will work with our Product Development and Customer Success teams to improve and maintain the documentation for the core platform and its add-on integrated components. The right candidate will be responsible for creating technical, functional and UX documentation, in a clear and concise manner, to ensure the accuracy of your work as well as the quality of the product.
As a UX Business Analyst, you must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that requirements and functionality vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with clients to understand their problems, and document innovative solutions as well as to help drive the internal stakeholders to contribute to the delivery of that vision.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with both our clients and your client services and product engineering counterparts to define product release requirements and influence the products design, user experience and flows. In greater detail, the key responsibilities include:
- Create and update documentation for solution architects, administrators and developers.
- Acquire requirements via collaboration with product management, customer success, development and QA teams.
- As the author of the product’s “Owner’s Manual” you will know the product inside and out
- Work closely with the development team to design and document future product enhancements.
- Stay current on OneHSN childcare products and releases.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases and some knowledge of Information Architecture (which will help design GUI, Screen and User Interfaces)
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and SMEs to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Assist with testing effort initiatives, including reviews of test scripts
This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer or to whomever he assigns.
- 3+ years analyzing, documenting and validating business requirements
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written)
- Good team facilitation and interviewing skills
- Experience with popular methodologies and procedures relating to gathering business requirements (i.e. workshops, storyboarding, prototyping, JADs)
- Experience with methodologies and procedures relating to software development such as Agile/ Iterative, user acceptance, stress , performance and regression testing
- Strong independent organization capabilities
- Desired knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and Visio
- Desired experience working with/managing remote development and testing teams
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group which may include executives, managers, and subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Experience in any field related to care and well-being for children.
- Experience in structured authoring and DITA.
- Experience in HTML, Oxygen XML Editor or equivalent.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server.
- Positive attitude and ability to work week within a team environment
- Customer focused attitude with a commitment to superior, high quality service and customer satisfaction
- Some knowledge of Customer training and education
- Preferably have a University and/or a College Degree or equivalent work experience
WHO WE ARE: One Human Service Network (OneHSN) is focused and committed to improving the well-being of children and families. OneHSN’s ‘Childcare Connect’ platform is an innovative solution uniquely designed to transform and modernize childcare service systems and provide support for children, families, service providers, service system managers and legislators.